You have questions? We have the answers!
I subscribed to the digital magazine Cycle Canada a few minutes ago and I did not receive my magazine, is this normal?
CC: Yes, that’s normal. Our system is not automated since we have to check if you are a new subscriber, a subscriber whose subscription has expired or a subscriber who is renewing his subscription in advance (to be eligible for a contest, for example).
Please allow a delay of a few hours up to three (3) working days before receiving a confirmation from us as well as our current number.
The hours of operation for customer service are as follows:
Monday to Thursday: 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Friday: 8:30 a.m. to 2 p.m.
* If you haven’t received anything from us after three (3) working days, please check your spam folder to see if our emails are there. This often happens with Hotmail and Gmail email addresses. If after this verification, you see that you have not received anything from us, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I am a new subscriber, how do I access your current number?
CC: You will receive an email to access our current issue within three (3) working days after your subscription.
- A) In this email you will need to click on the magazine cover page. You will be redirected to the Cycle Canada website.
- B) You will need to enter the password written in red in the email to access it.
- C) It is better to put the magazine in full screen version for easier reading.
I am a subscriber and have not received your current magazine by email. What is happening?
CC: We recommend that you take a look at your spam emails to see if our newest magazine is there. This often happens with Hotmail and Gmail email addresses. Please note that some providers automatically delete spam emails after a certain period of time, such as after 10 days.
If after this verification, you see that you have not received anything from us, please contact us at email@example.com.
To prevent this situation from happening, please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your contacts.
If you change your email address, please notify us by writing to email@example.com.
I don’t have a password to access your current number. Do I have to choose a password?
CC: No, you don’t have to choose a password. When a new magazine is available, you will receive an email to notify you and a password written in red will be visible in the email. This is the password you will need to use to access the magazine. This changes with each number.
Why do we need a password to access the magazine?
CC: Because the issues are available on the Cycle Canada website. If they were not protected by a password everyone could have access to them.
I am having trouble reading my magazine online, what should I do?
CC: We recommend that you put your magazine in full screen mode to read it more easily. It is better to read it on a computer or tablet rather than a smartphone.
Here are the options available to you:
– You can save it in .PDF.
– Print the articles that interest you.
– Perform a search to find a specific topic.
– Enlarge the pages or certain sections.
You have questions? Do not hesitate to write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are here to help you!